Saturday, January 29, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 09 - Saturday

Before the ride today, I did a little derailleur tweaking because I've thrown the chain off my crank 4 out of the last 5 rides. Also checked the chain stretch, and I'm at that point where I could justify replacing it but it'll last another couple months anyway. Well success, didn't throw the chain, but I need to do more maintenance pretty soon.

There were 3 or 4 E-bikes today that looked like Nazi motorcycles - big tank kind of things with huge wheels. The kind of bike that a real rider would never consider. There may be an E-bike in my future someday, but it'll be the kind of E-bike that old guys that have been riding forever but don't quite have it anymore get... not one that old guys who never rode in the first place get. Anyway, welcome to Diablo, old guys on Nazi E-bikes.

Back at the bottom, I saw a bunch of motorcycles parked in front of the LDS church and thought they may be staging for a big ride, then I realized it was a funeral. Then I saw these other guys wearing some kind of skirts over their pants and I wondered if that was some cultural thing I haven't seen before, because I like learning about cultural stuff like that.















Update:  Some internet friends have explained to me that these guys are probably Tongans, and that lots of Tongans (20-50%) are Mormons.  Do I have any Tongan blog readers? Introduce yourself in the comments.

2 comments:

Diablo Scott said...

Product review: BaltimoreMotorSports.

These dullards sell the go-kart equivalent of a Firenze.
They probably buy them by the containerful from India, mark them up a couple thousand percent, and off-load them onto mouth-breathing unAmerican NASCAR wannabees.

Seriously, I've seen better products than this being screened out of sewage digesters.

@MichaelJones you can kiss hiney.

Diablo Scott said...

https://baltimoremotorsports.com/product/go-kart-mini-raptor-125/ CRAP!!


https://baltimoremotorsports.com/product/apollo-z20-max-125cc-manual-clutch/ Even more crappy

Product review: Mini Raptor 125 is something your grandma would laugh at if she saw you riding one.

Product review: Apollo Z20 will give you ED.