Saturday, January 15, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 05

60 is the new 40. That's what I wrote on my Strava activity.  I was sure people would understand that doing Junction in 60 minutes now, is as hard as it used to be when I could do 40 minutes. It's also an acknowledgement that those days are probably gone... but it wasn't that long ago that I was putting in some pretty nice times so maybe I'll be doing some respectable rides when the knee heels some more and the fitness comes back and the stars align and they legalize EPO.

Well at least I was faster than JB today.

At Junction there was a lady with a pretty cool Specialized E-Bike.  It looked a lot like a conventional road bike; not enough to fool anyone, but enough that it looked like it would handle like a real bike. She said she wouldn't be able to do Diablo without the help so "brava" to her.
















No comments: