Wednesday, June 12, 2019

2019 WNR 13

OK, that was a hot one.  The e-mails went out and only me and Charlie confirmed; Shawn was a maybe but he showed up and surprise guest JB rode up too.

Somebody remembered that I used to have a high temperature limit of 95 above which I wouldn't do a WNR; and I said that was true, but since then I have switched to Celsius, so it's no longer an issue.

Wildlife Encounter:  baby deer at the horse ranch.

Shawn went out fast but then me and JB caught him and got a gap.  I decided to try for a Split 5, and even though the heat was a factor:


3rd fastest time on Д Mt. Diablo NGR: Split 5 - The Ranches (Mile 4.6 - 5.6) 

JB went down right away and the rest of us BS'ed for a while at Junction.  Shawn goes home by SGR so it was me and Charlie descending NGR and we stayed together... good thing because he got a flat tire about a half mile before The Church so I went and got my truck and shuttled him back to his car... always better to fix flats at home where you can take your time.




They tried to fix the Sink Crack... it kind of worked a little.





Not sure if this was a Wildlife Encounter or a Road Kill Report... he wasn't moving, but didn't appear to be injured.


And Shawn got this one of me and JB on The Approach.


No comments: