Wednesday, September 04, 2019

2019 WNR 25

Tonight's objective:  First place in the BC Climbers for Split 5.  


This is an interesting section, not too easy, not too hard, but the terrain changes make it difficult to find just the right rhythm.  Plus you're a little more tired in here after The Bump.  How much effort do I need?


Kevin's first place is from 3 years ago and I need to beat my previous best by 31 seconds to move into that position.


Results:  close but no cigar.  I think it was just a little too windy and I didn't quite come into it in my best condition... I'll try again, but not for a couple weeks - there are other segments to conquer.


First trip up was pretty hot.  There were guys stopped in the shady spots looking for relief.

Hey, is that a PG&E truck up there?  There's no power lines... whuh?

Oh, it was a Davey Tree truck - probably doing fire prevention.


I think this crack is getting worse - I used to go inside, but recently I've been taking it to the outside.



This Tieni Duro guy said he flatted coming down around this corner - he left some skin on the road.

Shawn rolled in to Junction a few minutes after we did, he must've just missed us at The Church.

I'm going to have to put my camera in low-light mode for the last bit of these rides.

No comments: