Saturday, March 26, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 20 - Saturday Junction

I didn't trust the morning to warm up, so I wore a winter jersey and then it did warm up and I was too hot. 

Two weeks since my last Junction - let me think... work, rain, work... three Diablo Days ruined.

OK, time to say it - the surface condition of North Gate Road is terrible. Way past time to repave... gas taxes are up so there should be some pocket change in the State budget for a truckload of asphalt and a paving crew.

Those two weeks without riding really did a number on my fitness - I was pushing hard and going slow.  I've decided to call that a rest phase and now I'm back into my training plan - to ride faster.

My bike was making a strange clicking noise on the descent... almost sounded like a rock in my tire that clicked every revolution... I'm hoping it's not a frame crack or something serious... nah, it was the same frequency as the wheel RPM I think.






We see this runner guy a lot - he arrived at Junction before I turned down, so he's serious.


This dude was out to prove that you can still have fun even on an electric bike if it's on Diablo.

Contrary to popular legend - it is permissible for California Residents to pick one poppy per day.


My neighbor Mark gave me a wave on his way up.

No comments: