Saturday, April 02, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 22 - Saturday Junction

 Sunny, windy, poppies, and bugs.

Yeah, there were a lot of bugs, but they were the early-season bugs that haven't yet figured out how to maximize their annoyance factor. At Junction though, when you're just standing there, they attacked - I swatted one on my ankle and got a big blood spot - not sure if it was my blood or bug blood.

De Ronde is tomorrow!  I wore my Flanders socks and put up my Flanders flag and of course I was riding my Belgian bike.  Got a few compliments from old guys who remember stuff like that.

Also at Junction, one old guy went up to another old guy to congratulate him for being an old guy who rides Diablo - I thought it was interesting that me and JB weren't old enough to get a similar kudo.

All right, it's April... I'm getting my Klein off the hooks at least for some practice rides.















No comments: