Wednesday, April 05, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 11 - Wednesday Junction

A beautiful day! Just a windbreaker vest was almost too warm on the way up.

I got some new bottle cages at Sports Basement - they didn't have any red ones though so I may have to get black bar tape to match and go with a whole new fashion statement.  Paris-Roubaix is usually the event that triggers switching over to my fair-weather bike anyway so I've got some lay-up maintenance to do.

At Junction we met a guy who talked about steel bikes and criterium crashes. He said there were no poppies on SGR, and I told him they were all over NGR like the Wizard of Oz.

Charlie's going to be gone for a few weeks - this calls for flexibility in ride coordination. 


Lots of smoke from this vineyard - visible from far away.
Not sure what they were doing, but I was happy it wasn't a grass fire.


Looks like Jack and Amy.

Good spot for poppy photography.


Even JB stopped for a poppy photo.

This is my new screensaver.

No comments: