Saturday, April 22, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 16 - Saturday Junction

Great (!) weather brought out everybody and their second cousins... including the bad drivers. 

Boy my knee felt pretty good. I had been telling people that I think it was done getting better but today was better than last Wednesday so I hope I was wrong.

I don't know why it is, or if it's this way every year, but peak poppy season on the North was about a month ago, and on the South I think it was today. Huge fields of poppies with people taking photos and hiking and enjoying The Mountain.

Turns out JB's hand injury was worse than he thought and he won't be able to ride for longer than he thought, so I've probably got a few more solo training rides on my calendar. Guess I'll just have to use them to get stronger and faster.







No comments: