Wednesday, April 19, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 15 - Wednesday Junction

Charlie's out of town. JB's injured. I went for a solo SGR ride to Junction. Looks like this will be my regular ride for a few weeks.

My knee was really cooperative today - felt fine out of the saddle and I even sprinted for a couple yellow lights on the way home. Maybe I can still get stronger and stabler.

I needed to feel like I accomplished something though, so I decided I would try to get a PB on the last mile segment to Junction. So I took it kind of easy, at first - getting more familiar with the road on the south. Then at the appropriate time I blasted off and managed to not blow up... but didn't manage a PB either.

I saw at least three electric bikes, at least two of the riders were younger than me. I'm thinking once you go electric it's harder to choose the human powered bike from the stable... so I'm not going there anytime soon. At Junction some women got out of their car looking for the bathroom and one of them said something like "I can't believe you guys ride bikes up here, it looks so hard". I replied "It helps if you really love it."  




Well, better than sitting on a couch I guess.



OOOH, Purple!


I've named this rock "Son of Half Dome"




Dead tree cleanup is a major activity on Diablo - there were about a dozen workers and three heavy equipments.





No comments: