Wednesday, August 26, 2009

2009 WNR 19

  • It was the last of the Club Sport Diablo rides so I went up with them; but it was only three of us. Not many people on the Mountain after about 6 o'clock.
  • Nancy lead us from the Club to the Gate at a pace lots faster than I usually go but thankfully let up once the climbing started. She's a strong rider with multiple big events on her sheet. Then she kept playing the "You don't have to wait for me" card so Bill and I pulled ahead some.
  • Bill's a strong rider too; 6 inches taller than me and 66 years old so riding behind him was easy but coming around him was not. He passed me on the Bump but then pooped out a little so I did the last 3 miles by myself but never got too far ahead.
  • Pass ratio: 2:1
  • Took a few other photos but for some reason they were blurry. I think my camera is getting wonky.



  • Wildlife Encounter: Nancy saw a tarantula and I saw a black-eared jackrabbit.

No comments: