Saturday, November 28, 2020

2020 SMR 38

 Lots of frost everywhere this morning. I used all my cold weather gear except for booties and neck gator... I don't like booties unless it's going to be cold for the whole ride and it looked like that wasn't going to be the case. I even took my gloves off at The Washout.

At Junction, JB considered turning around, I suggested South Gate and he agreed, but at the Tire Poppers he decided to take the flat ride home and I turned around to climb SGR. I checked after, and it was only my second SGR climb of the year, so all my photos today are dedicated to the South Side of The Mountain - enjoy!  The light's not as good over there though... and it was colder than the North for some reason.

I had a HammerGel before going back up and somehow got some on my hand because my fingers were sticking together in kind of a creepy way... cold, sticky, and numb.





JB and I parted ways at the Tire Poppers.




SGR cracks could swallow your front wheel.








No comments: