Wednesday, November 04, 2020

2020 WNR 31

Charlie called the start time today - 11:00. That was late enough for JB to show up. The three of us talked about the Electoral College, home improvements, and Daylight Wasting Time.

Then a guy passed us on a mountain bike and he had a big backpack on, so I followed him but kept my distance. I could see he knew I was there, and I could see him starting to struggle to maintain his speed, and then I saw him give up and look back at me with ignominious capitulation... allowing me to re-pass with panache. Then it was my turn to struggle to maintain my speed, but I was better at it and passed a bunch more people on my way to Junction. 

At Junction there was a guy with an electric-assist tricycle recumbent that was pretty cool. I passed him on the downhill but it looked like he could hold a pretty good line around the corners.

The weather was great, I felt great, other people were great, Junction conversation was great. Then it was over and we all rode home. Won't be much longer before it's full tights and jacket weather.








No comments: