Saturday, October 30, 2021

Saturday Morning Bumps

JB rode yesterday and I couldn't, so I wasn't expecting him today but I saw him coming down as I was on my way to Bump 1.

This plan works out pretty well: get up early, get all my bike stuff ready, lay out my bike clothes, take dog to dog park to get her good and tired, come home for quick change, close her off in her room and she'll sleep most of the time I'm gone.  Worked today anyway.

Got rained on just a little. Wind was a little stronger than I would've liked. Didn't feel the zip today though. I decided my minimum would be 5 Bumps, with a stretch goal of 8, and I did 6.

Surprise guest Midland rode up while I was turning around to start up Bump 6 and he joined me and we told jokes and then he went on to do a big ride when I turned down.

I should probably ice my  knee tonight.




Big mudslide at the Loading Dock after last week's storm - less than perfect cleanup.
And of course that's where the cars want to pass and kick up dust in your face.

Midland Steve!

Current Legend of The Bump: Brian H.





Cal Socks Autoblog




Current Legend Femenìn of The Bump: Cathy P.






Nice Merckx.

Obligatory dramatic sky shot.

This guy passes me almost every Diablo ride. Nice IBIS gravel bike.

Legend of The Bump update:

I'm in fourth position; 14 Bumps away from legend status. Pretty elite competition up here though.

That laurel wreath is within my grasp NOW. 

No comments: