Sunday, October 03, 2021

Diablo Challenge 2021

This was a great Challenge! The event got cancelled in 2020 for COVID so it was nice to be back AND the weather was perfect.  Hardly any SNAFUs at the start line, although they were a little behind schedule.

Winner Quin Felton came in with the 9th best ever Strava time for The Segment which puts him after 7 Tour of California pro's and the exalted Nate English in 8th.

I talked to a guy named Ken at the start - he said he got into cycling when he quit his long-haul trucking job and lost 100 pounds!

I was one of the last vehicles down because they needed my truck to haul one guy with a minor medical issue, and another guy who had a mechanical on the way down. Most of the celebration was over by the time I got back to the high school, but I got a veggie burger and saw a few more friends.




Ken











Nancy, who loves this Mountain almost as much as I do. (Note professional cowbell)

No comments: