Saturday, February 12, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 11 - Saturday

Warmest ride of the year! Air quality and visibility were not super great but it felt so good to have some warmth back in the sun.  Also the poppies are proliferating. Lots of green stuff and blooms, not so much water in the creeks.

Wildlife Encounter:  Lizards.

Maintenance note - tires are overdue for replacement.  Definitely got my money's worth out of this pair. I have one pair of Vittoria Pavès left, then I'll have a decision to make because they're not making my favorite tubulars any more.

Knee pain is following the projected course of recovery, going in the right direction very slowly. I really have to push myself mentally to push myself physically, but it gets a tiny bit easier every time so I prescribe more of the same. I do hope to be able to ride my Klein (higher-gears, different pedals, clinchers) by the March solstice... standby.  Also, my compression sleeve is getting stretched out - probably time for a new one.














No comments: