Wednesday, February 16, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 12 - Wednesday

 Kind of warm and kind of windy. I felt pretty good and the knee didn't hurt too much so I went hard and got tired.  Best Junction time since the patella fracture. Definitely have to work on my cardio fitness now. Lungs and heart and legs all get tired about the same time... I probably need to do some intervals.

Charlie started fast and I stayed with him until The Bump, and JB held back. Then I slowed down and JB passed me at Chainbuster. So I came in last and it was still a decent finish time. That was a good ride.


Stopped for a poppy photo - happened upon this cool pose.


Charlie got new wheels from Rivendell - they rebuilt his old hubs with some white Velocity rims that look pretty cool on his big frame with white logos.

If you're a traffic flagman, NGR is a great place to do it; everyone is friendly and safe.





Here is where Charlie stopped pretending I wasn't slowing him down.






NEW TIRE DAY!  I really milked these old tires for everything they were worth, but a chunk of rubber out of the tread is unignorable.  Glued on my last pair of Vittoria Pavès. Will have to find a new model for next time.

After (I think) two years of lots of riding, my glue job still exemplified professionalism.

Photo by Charlie (R)

No comments: