Saturday, February 26, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 15 - Saturday Juniper

Forgot my jacket today - had it all laid out, but then I was wearing my regular coat when I loaded up the truck and left the cycling jacket in my garage. So I had a s/s jersey and arm warmers, good thing it wasn't too cold. 

Lots of riders this morning - and I was FASTER than some of them!  I did lots of knee exercises last night and the patella felt like it was in a good place. Did a slower pace than Wednesday but then we kept going to Juniper. So that was the first Juniper since NYD, and only my second Juniper since the knee fracture and I felt pretty good!  That really felt like some progress. I prescribe more of the same to myself, and I'm a compliant client.




This guy had an impressive MP3 player in his pocket - I think it was a JBL Flip.
He was playing some loud hip-hop and it blasted away my little jobber
with the electronic dance music.








JB hypothesized that this shirtless guy lost a bet.
No way he was comfortable in this cold unless he was Siberian.


Oh-oh... had to pull over for the Ranger with siren on going down.


The famous Ceyhan - who was the Legend of the Bump before I de-throned him. I had never met him but recognized his bike from previous fly-bys so I introduced myself and he was a pleasant guy.

The reason for the Ranger Response - didn't look *that* bad, and I didn't see a car parked nearby so I don't know why this happened... but it WAS clavicle cracker.

Well, accident guy will be well taken care of with the crew of Engine 7.

1 comment:

Curtis Corlew said...

Shirtless on the way up is one thing, but how was he on the way down? YIKES.