Saturday, February 19, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 13 - Saturday

Kind of a slog today. I kind of like the plan of going hard on Wednesdays and going through the motions on Saturdays. My knee felt OK and I'm hopeful I'll be ready to ride my Klein by the March equinox... at least I'll give it a shot.

Met a guy at Junction with a USPS Trek and he saw my Merckx and said something about being Eroica appropriate. I told him I had done Eroica to celebrate turning 60 and he said he was looking for something epic to do for his 70th later this year. We went over some epic rides like Davis Double, Death Ride, etc. and he decided that was a little too epic for him. He was thinking more like Eroica Gaiole in Chianti.

The poppies have exploded even more than Wednesday... lots of color on The Mountain. Appreciate it now, dear readers.

Had a semi-close call with a completely clueless driver passing around a blind corner... he got an angry shout-out... see photo last.










No comments: