Saturday, October 15, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 62 - Saturday Junction

Started off cool, I dressed warm.

Fog broke at altitude, weather got warm, I was a little too warm too.

A few e-bikes, a few fast folks, a few newbs, a few old-timers... good day on The Mountain.

I talked to a woman at Junction who had recently had both knees "debraded" or something... she said the doctor kind of carved a smoother path for her knee to track through. After a couple months of re-hab she said she felt better than she had in years. I'm about at a point where I might have a discussion about something like that with my doctors... it was hurtin today.

At Junction, JB said he had next to no brake pads left and he'd have to change them before the next ride. I don't think I've ever considered new brake pads to be an extravagance; replacement while there's still a little rubber on there is easy to justify.

I didn't ride on Wednesday and felt out of shape today - no power for the big moves, a little winded on the easy segments... I probably need to read a book on training... or maybe just harden up and ride more.








No comments: