Saturday, October 22, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 64 - Saturday Juniper

 JB texted while I was getting ready and said he wasn't coming. So I thought about it and decided I would drive to The Church and then try to do a Juniper. Worked out perfect.

There was a trail running event called The Diablo Stomp going on, so it was kind of crowed on The Mountain. 

Only a couple miles in and I started to get this weird cramp below my right calf - it made me need to move my foot around; it hurt in the neutral position, so I tried pointing my toes down... that was worse so I tried pointing my toes up... that was even worser, so I just big my lip and rode and hoped that the cramp wouldn't explode on me. I even stopped below The Bump to give myself a little massage. Then I remembered that last night I had exactly this same cramp and it woke me up and hurt and never went away, but I stopped it from going nuclear.

At Junction there was a guy who restored old bikes and he was talking to everybody - he knew a little about Kleins. There was a rider there who had a custom Bianchi steel bike that was pretty cool.

So then, I figured I could keep my cramp at bay long enough to do Juniper... and just barely did.


Cal Jersey AutoBlog


The cramp massaging pull-out.
I was going to tell this guy his bike was too small for him... but I couldn't catch him.
































No comments: