Wednesday, October 19, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 63 - Wednesday Junction

The blood bank called a few weeks ago and talked me into making a deposit yesterday. It's been a long time since I donated... ever since they closed the Blood Centers of the Pacific location in Shadelands. So I was a little concerned about the performance hit of being a pint low. They said "wait 24 hours before vigorous exersize". I figured that was for other people, and I'd be good after only 19 hours.  I was winded and weak from the time I rolled out the door.  Charlie and JB celebrated my handicap by riding away easily. I even had to stop at the Upper Ranch for a breather. Did I talk you into donating yourself?  Sign up HERE.

For no particular reason, I wore my Seattle to Portland jersey... wow, 2009 seems like not that long ago and forever at the same time. Anyway, at The Washout I passed a rider who said she had that same jersey from that same ride, so we talked for a while. She had done like five STPs in a row, but never the one-day version. 

Then at the Ranger House, I got passed by my neighbor Mark. I told him I gave blood and that's why I was so slow and hideous... he pretended to sympathize on his way around. He's not a showy kind of guy - but he had on some really spiffy blue shoes that would get anyone's attention.


Fire House to Gate = 11 minutes.

Plotting their attack already.

Trusty STEED is getting a little gray around the temples.


These lane markers are not only painted on... they're kind of thick... like raised. You can feel the bumps when you ride over them.


STP rider.


Mark!




No comments: