Saturday, July 08, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 32 - Saturday Morning Junction. Turnout Pledge Ride #6.

The Mount Diablo Cyclists are fund raising for more bike turnouts! I have pledged to donate $5 for every time I ride Diablo until the end of September; won't you join me?  The State of California will MATCH our donations! Here's the link - tell them DiabloScott sent you.  

LINK->  Bike Turnouts


While the rest of the world is sweltering in climate change heat... My Mountain was cool and overcast. A little windier than I'd like.

On my July 4th ride with Rick, he mentioned that he uses low pressure in his tires... something like 75 psig. Now I became a cyclist in the days when you pressed your tires up to the max, and maybe a little more because FAST! - but Rick knows his stuff and I believe him and I reduced my tire pressure from 95 to 90 just for an experiment and it felt pretty good and I didn't have any problems - so maybe even a smidge lower next time... standby for my evaluation dear readers.

The Markleeville Death Ride is NEXT WEEK, so some people were getting in their last mountain training ride, and some people were tapering to be rested and in ideal form for the event. One rider at Junction asked if I was going and I told her my Death Ride days are behind me. I used to think that one day I'd do it just for the jersey; now I think I can enjoy suffering with much less effort.






One of my trail-running friends says she likes this spot
because it gets easier once you get here and cross the road.
So this photo is for Emily.

I hadn't seen this before. Guy on an E-bike with a baby seat was
motor-pacing his friend on the Cervelo for high speed climbing skills.

This guy passed me JUST as I was starting a sort of interval...
so I stayed with him a little longer than he was expecting.



This guy was obviously some kind of super-elite senior posing as a
plain-old recreational cyclist because he passed me WAY too easily.
Steel frame, exposed brake cables, sneakers and toe clips...
and is that an OFMEGA crank???




No comments: