Wednesday, July 26, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 36 - Wednesday Junction. Turnout Pledge Ride #10.

The Mount Diablo Cyclists are fund raising for more bike turnouts! I have pledged to donate $5 for every time I ride Diablo until the end of September; won't you join me?  The State of California will MATCH our donations! Here's the link - tell them DiabloScott sent you.  

LINK->  Bike Turnouts

Charlie caught the COVID from his grandkids so he's out for a couple weeks. I took the opportunity to do my regular Wednesday ride anyway... but today - I risked riding WITHOUT my knee brace. I felt pretty good but was always aware that I might have some kind of problem but I didn't. In fact I was a full ONE SECOND faster than I was on Saturday, so clearly that thing was slowing me down.

Wildlife Encounter: Alameda Whipsnake just above the Kiosk - it was fast and whippy. In the shadows so I didn't capture it on the Diablo Bike Cam. 

Saw Linda K and a friend also going up SGR - Linda is second in command to Colonel Al in the Diablo Bike Turnout campaign, and she knows everybody.

At Junction I talked to a couple and they asked me to take their photo in front of the Junction sign... they clearly had no idea that they were talking to the Supreme Ruler of Mount Diablo.

Linda K and Friend

The whipsnake is in here somewhere.


Let's have a closer look at that un-braced right knee:



Today's art project combines an epic chainring tattoo on old skin and a new pair of bib-shorts.



No comments: