Saturday, July 02, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 43 - Saturday Morning Junction

February in July! Cold and windy. Every pedal stroke was serious work. I released my ration of jokes at the bottom because I knew this ride wouldn't have much conversation.

My knee never acquiesced to my efforts today - it hurt the whole way up, in the saddle and out. A less tough old bird would've quit... instead I soldiered on for my worst Junction time in months. Also, I forgot to wear my patriotic socks, but there weren't enough people on The Mountain to notice them anyway.

Wildlife Encounter: turkeys

Saw Nancy at Junction - after AIDS ride, Alta Alpina, and tons of training - she's itching to do the Death Ride. Una inspiraciĆ³n. Everybody else I talked to was complaining about the wind.

The fog was really thick up above 1200 feet elevation or so - condensation was dripping off the big trees onto the road so there were a lot of wet spots... creepy.






Are any experts out there who can confirm this was a tornado?



Epic beard guy was epic.




No comments: