Wednesday, July 27, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 50 - Wednesday Junction

Got a break from the heat today - warm and breezy.

Bike pullout lane construction on SGR, but there were gravel trucks and such going up and down NGR. Check out this KPIX report:  LINK

Charlie broke his pedal the other day and hasn't gotten a new pair yet, but he rigged up the old one well enough for a Wednesday Diablo Ride. Somehow the whole body came off the spindle and he was able to screw it on again. We talked about pedal options - he's been using Look KEO and isn't sure he'll stay with that system, but he does already have the cleats. Rick had that same problem with that same pedal a few years ago... I wrote about it HERE.

COVID booster shot scheduled for Friday - hoping it won't make me feel too crappy for a Saturday ride.

OK, let's do some analysis. This was my 50th Junction ride for 2022.

  • Best time was 52m00s
  • Six rides sub 55m
  • Thirty rides sub 60m.
  • May June and July have been my fastest times - so I conclude that my strength and fitness are still improving, and my knee is still non-compliant but at least not bothering me as much.
  • Two rides to Juniper this year, and I can feel a Summit building up in my legs. Usually I'm pretty spent at Junction so a Summit will take some planning and training. Standby, fans.




I kept my distance when I was behind Charlie in case that pedal gave out...
I wanted to get the results on video without hurting myself.




Photo Credit:  Punkin Jay 
I'm pointing to an empty spot on my jersey where there's room for a sponsor logo...
send me an email if you're interested.


No comments: