Saturday, July 23, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 49 - Saturday Junction

Started off a little on the chilly side this morning, not cold enough for long sleeves though. Then it got windy too, which I like even less.

South Gate Road has been closed all week for construction - they kept the entrance closed but allowed people to go down from Junction to the SGR picnic areas. They'll probably do North Gate Road next so that will require some ride adjustments.

Hey - it's time for a 
Product Review: Electrolyte Caps
Hammer Endurolytes vs NutriBiotic Performance Essential Electrolytes

I frequently get leg cramps before or after riding, especially in the heat, especially on rolling hills, and occasionally they're bad enough that I have to dismount and scream in pain.

I have been taking Hammer Endurolytes for years; they work pretty well as far as I can tell... that is I get cramps on fewer occasions and they're not as bad. They're not perfect though and I've had a few of the screaming cramps even when I've taken them. A while back I found these other electrolyte caps at the vitamin store and they were cheap so I bought a bottle.

I have no idea which of these constituents plays the biggest part in preventing cramps, but NutriBiotic's blend has all the ones Hammer has, plus some other ones, except for Manganese. NutriBiotic also suggests one pill vs Hammer's two. But I've been doubling up on the NutriBiotic caps so I get a higher dose of everything in two Hammer caps and it's still cheaper. It's been working well and it's still cheaper than Hammer. All I really care about for purposes of this review is not getting cramps - and they seem to be about equal in that regard and NutriBiotic is cheaper.

I can't give a score for these things because there is no DiabloScott Electrolyte Rating scale... but if you get cramps I suggest you keep trying capsules and gels and powders until you find the one that's right for you... or just use all of them and hope for the best.


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leg cramps
.try tums..jk