Saturday, July 16, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 47 - Saturday Junction

Well this Tour de France thing has everybody excited about riding... so I did my regular routine. The Markleeville Death Ride is this weekend though, so the hard cores were out of town.

Thursday's Tour stage was amazing - the way Pidcock and his challengers were descending Galibier at 50+ mph. I mean those guys are ALMOST as good as me, and I was scared just watching.

Special Guest Rider: Mark. He humored us for about a mile before showing us his heels.

Wildlife Encounter: turkeys on The Approach

At Junction there was a group of riders speaking a language I didn't recognize... they had some high zoot gear though and then I heard a tire explode. It was on a bike that was just parked there and it sprayed sealant goo all over everything - fortunately none got on my nice frame that was close by.

And good news everyone -- the SGR bike turnout construction begins Monday:




Getting close to competition weight.

 

MARK! and some other guys.




Kasters!



What a MESS!


No comments: