Wednesday, July 13, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 46 - Wednesday Junction

Not too hot today, good riding weather. Charlie invited a friend but he didn't show up.

I went for some knee PT on The Bump and opened up a big gap. Then when I was waiting for JB and Charlie to catch up, they never did.

I've seen this "Drone Team" truck on the side of the road for several rides now - not sure what they're doing.

Wildlife Encounter: cute little alligator lizard.

Then near the Ranger House I see a guy pulled over with his bike upside down and I asked if he needed anything, expecting him to say no, but he didn't... he asked if I had a chain tool. Turned out he either broke his derailleur or broke off the hanger and he wanted to just make it rideable so he could go back down. So I stopped to help and pulled out my multi-tool with the emergency chain tool and I saw that the pin had come out... worthless... I need to upgrade my saddle pack with newer stuff. 

JB came by while I was talking to the guy, and then I let him beat me to Junction.

On the way down, I almost took an antler to the arse.

Wildlife Encounter: deer with antlers on the approach, hiding in the shadows.












I drafted this truck all the way down Walnut Ave.



No comments: