Wednesday, July 03, 2019

2019 WNR 16

Another Wednesday Night Double Junction.  

I was a little concerned that there would be camper vans and such on the road for the 4th, but only saw one... traffic was good.

It was warm and a little windy - I did my first Junction hard, thinking I could get a good time, and I was on pace for a sub-40 for the first 4 miles, but then faded.  It felt good to fail.  Then my legs were good and rubbery for the social ride the second time up.

Diablo Shoutout to Deadhead Mike! who did two Bump climbs and likes to take selfies with his face in screaming position.  Saw him once on my first descent, and again on my second climb.

JB took a baby step toward getting his Della Santa fixed by Roland's ex-apprentice in Reno... no actual progress though.











1 comment:

Mike said...

Ha! It was great seeing you!
Trying to get back up to speed but I have a long way to go still.
Not sure why or when the selfie thing started, years ago I think it was just a stab back at people doing selfies with duck lips. Now it's just a thing. LOL!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzeSnoClScB/