Saturday, June 18, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 39 - Saturday Junction

Yesterday I did a reconnaissance ride to  my cataract doctor's office to make sure it was an OK ride. I would've figured it was hard to get to, but it was really pretty easy, it just used part of the trail and such that I don't know as well. So that was fun. Worst part is this tunnel that goes under Hwy 242 - it's dark and ugly and has a bunch of junk in it. Anyway, my appointment is Tuesday morning. It's a nice medical and business office building so I get to walk around carrying my helmet, wearing my bike shorts while everyone else is wearing scrubs or suits.

The building does have a bike parking area. One of those ribbon bike racks that are specified by architects that hate bicycles, and no one rides here so put in the cheapest thing available units.





So for today I had decided to ride from home instead of driving to the church. The last time I did this I was way worn out when it was all over, and I decided I wasn't ready. Well today went great so this will be my new norm and an indication that my knee healing has taken the next quantum leap.

This is really wonderful weather we've been having - a few hot days, a few cool days, a little rain, and the air quality is better too - beautiful clouds and sky.

I was thinking that after 20 years of blogging, that I've photographed every inch of The Mountain and there was nothing left I haven't posted... but then I realized I don't usually post the uninteresting stuff - so I did that today. There are no bad areas on Diablo, but some areas are under-appreciated. Also no cropping and no editing of the rest of the photos here - enjoy.

















No comments: