Wednesday, June 08, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 36 - Wednesday Junction

Perfect conditions today; warm, no wind, not many cars, lots of riders.

Me and Charlie met at the Church. Then we happened upon new friend  Mike , who rode with us the rest of the way to Junction. Mike is a retired firefighter with some good stories, and he's a tall guy so he and Charlie talked about riding tall bikes.

Then Punkin Jay caught us and we were four guys riding to Junction. Mike and Jay discussed orange things.

Then there were more friends including Amy  at Junction so there was a lot of chit chat before we all split up. Some of them knew Mike. 

My old handlebar tape was slipping, so I re-wrapped it in that way that accents the filth.

Charlie put on some new handlebar tape - plastic stuff on top of foamy stuff for that sweet hand-feel. Bonus: red on the tops, black on the drops.

Mike - I think I remember his bike.

Me and Jay attacked at The Bump... I didn't last long though.

Pack dynamics with four riders - good thing we were all highly experienced at this.



Punkin' Jay cements his financial future with an NFT photo of ME. He'll be taking sealed bids for the original.




My ProTec Gel Force knee compression sleeve has disintegrated. Maybe the rubbery retention thing doesn't like all the Icy Hot and stuff I use. It still works, but not as well without the gel kneecap donut doodad. Lasted about a year - no complaints about lifespan, but I need another one.


No comments: