Saturday, September 04, 2021

Saturday Morning Junction: #7 since patella fracture

Long weekend.

Felt pretty good.

Air wasn't too bad

JB withdrew.

9am start.

Wildlife Encounter:  three young deers on The Approach... one of them had these tiny little antlers, very cute.

It has now been EIGHT MONTHS since my patella fracture. One of the things I've had the hardest time with is climbing out of the saddle; I just haven't been able to get my bad leg over the top of the stroke.  Today I really worked on that and was able to do about 10 revolutions multiple times while standing -  even during the harder bits... this is a serious milestone accomplished. 

I was thinking of going to Juniper today for another milestone to check off but at Mile 3 I was on a sub 60m pace to Junction and I thought that would be a BETTER milestone. Last Wednesday was my best since the fracture and that was 70 minutes, so I was going well. Not too much pain, but not too much fitness either and I missed my sub 60 by 57 seconds.

I'm volunteered for The Mount Diablo Challenge again this year, so watch for my red pickup and it will be my honor to drive your backpack to the top.



It's Jean and Michellin!









On the loss of fitness subject, notice that roll of flab between my shorts and my compression sleeve... UNSAT! More training is prescribed. Alternatively... longer shorts for more coverage.





No comments: