Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Wednesday Junction w/ Charlie

 First day of autumn. I told Charlie I always find a way to quit at Junction. It just seems like that's about the right amount to punish myself for best results. We started at 0930 which was perfect for weather.

Charlie encouraged me to ride faster by making it look easy to stay ahead of me.

I really pushed my knee on the standing climbs today - it feels kind of wobbly and it protests with pain, but I think it's getting better and that makes me happy.

I have now re-committed to becoming The Legend of The Bump.  "Previously on Diablo Scott's Bike Blog", I attempted to do 100 Bumps of Winter, but then broke my knee. 100 Bumps in 13 weeks is almost 10 Bumps per week of course, and that was a good goal for pre-knee-catastrophe.  But the current Legend of The Bump only has 66 Bumps in the rolling count of the last 90 days, so that is a much more reasonable goal.  Also, he's probably barely aware that he even has this exalted status and he's almost certainly unaware that I will be challenging him, so I think I can do this.

So today I did ONE extra Bump, giving me TWO Bumps of Autumn.

Bumps Today:                02

Bumps of Autumn:        02

People Ahead of Me:     28











No comments: