Wednesday, September 01, 2021

WNR Junction #6 since patella fracture.

 Hey - I made it to Junction without stopping!  Except I had to unclip and remount once when I buggered up a shift and almost threw my chain.

AND, I got out of the saddle for THREE whole revolutions... it wasn't very pretty, but the mechanics are getting closer.

AND, I got in 5 Junctions in August!  Oh wait, it's September already... never mind.

Blog Reader  Lance Oldstrong texted me yesterday and asked "Junction tomorrow?" He's always got some good stories and he knew I'd slow him down so I knew it'd be fun catching up. Charlie and JB were both coming but couldn't make the same start time... saw them both on The Mountain though.

I felt pretty good, but forgot to take an Ibuprofen. My knee felt pretty good - maybe it was the cortisone shot.  Seventy-one minutes to Junction though is still pathetic.

I had my DiabloBikeCam on "indoor lighting" setting so my photos are weird looking. The air was good and the sky was blue and the weather was just right.

I anticipate a Juniper attempt on Saturday.







Peghoretti guy said this bike was "off the shelf".

Who remembers what the sign on that arbor used to say?



This guy takes the award for color-coordinating bike and clothes... bluer shoes were never shod.






No comments: