Wednesday, August 02, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 38 - Wednesday Junction. Turnout Pledge Ride #12.

The Mount Diablo Cyclists are fund raising for more bike turnouts! I have pledged to donate $5 for every time I ride Diablo until the end of September; won't you join me?  The State of California will MATCH our donations! Here's the link - tell them DiabloScott sent you.  

LINK->  Bike Turnouts


Charlie's still recovering from COVID. I got started about 9:30 this morning. It was actually a little cool for August. 

I'm getting better at evaluating my pace according to the landmarks on South Gate Road - I know where the segments start and end, I know where I should be at certain time checks. Today at the 15 minute check I figured I was having a normal ride, but then at the 30 minute check I realized I was having a good ride, so I hammered the last mile and came in Sub-42... that's my best of the year. Felt good to finish exhausted, and then I recovered pretty quick and that felt good too.

I heard a podcast today where the guest was Peter Attia talking about his new book "Outlive: The Science and Art of Longevity". He was saying that people over 50 need more protein to stay strong and healthy (and he had the research to back it up). I've never worried about getting enough protein, but after listening to that interview I bought a six pack of protein shakes - stand by for the product review.

Dentist appointment tomorrow - I'd better go floss.



I glued myself to this guy's wheel for about 10 meters. He wasn't interested in conversation.














No comments: