Wednesday, August 30, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 45 - Wednesday Junction. Turnout Pledge Ride #19

 The Mount Diablo Cyclists are fund raising for more bike turnouts! I have pledged to donate $5 for every time I ride Diablo until the end of September; won't you join me?  The State of California will MATCH our donations! Here's the link - tell them DiabloScott sent you.  

LINK->  Bike Turnouts

Charlie suggested 9am, I agreed, then he cancelled.

Spare the Air Day. It was smokey and the views were affected, but it didn't interfere with good breathing.

Right near the Tire Poppers, I saw that someone had left an old innertube and a gel pack on the side of the road. I made a note to pick it up on the way down, because that's the kind of guy I am.

I only saw ONE car on the way up, and he was in the other lane. Then I saw two cars on the way down and they were both in the other lane - it was a good day to Diablo.

#TheLastFlatIGot:  Rode into Junction just fine, but when I mounted to head back down I realized my rear was flat. Didn't find anything in the tire except a couple small rocks in the outside tread - the puncture was a pinhole a few inches away from the valve. Nice place to change a tube - sitting on the bench, using the Eagle Scout box pump (although the gauge was broken).

At Junction I talked to a rider who asked about my DiabloBikeCam - she was thinking it would be good for accident documentation or something, I told her maybe, but it's mostly for fun. Then she let me take a selfie with her, then she told me her name, then I forgot it.

But I remembered to pick up that old innertube.






The Haze






Lots of these weed trimmings were on the road everywhere.







I hope this person was just forgetful, and not so rude to leave their junk here.



No comments: