Wednesday, August 23, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 44 - Wednesday Junction. Turnout Pledge Ride #18

The Mount Diablo Cyclists are fund raising for more bike turnouts! I have pledged to donate $5 for every time I ride Diablo until the end of September; won't you join me?  The State of California will MATCH our donations! Here's the link - tell them DiabloScott sent you.  

LINK->  Bike Turnouts

Charlie's first Diablo since contracting COVID last month. He was a little reluctant to push too hard - he said his heart rate was about 20 beats faster for any particular level of effort. We rode about one minute per mile slower than usual, so it was still a reasonable time.

Wildlife Encounter: DEER

Wildlife Encounter: MORE DEER

At Junction I saw a bunch of people I knew, and one of them introduced me to her friend and said "this is Diablo Scott" and her friend said "Wow - I've heard so much about you. It's like meeting Diablo royalty". Then I took a selfie that didn't turn out. Then I realized I knew her from back in the old Club Sport days.

Me and Charlie and Colnago Ted talked about wheels and jerseys... specifically, brake track warning indicators and short zippers.


















No comments: