Wednesday, July 01, 2020

2020 WNR 18

Charlie said Wednesday Night Rides are better in the mornings... so I took him up on it.  Since my back injury mornings have been kind of the rough part of the day, but I got up early and took a pill and I was ready.

I always admire those photos of pro athletes stretching and showing how flexible they are - here is my attempt at recreating such an image... apparently I'm somewhere between flexible pro athlete and inflexible geezer couch potato.


Charlie dictated the pace on NGR - it was perfect and I was feeling good, but not strong; my fitness has a ways to recover yet.


Then at Junction we discussed our new challenge "Ten Minutes of Summit Road". We would aim to see how far up the road we can go in 10 minutes; so a time challenge instead of a distance challenge.  I figured if I'm in good condition I ought to be able to make it past the Blue Oak/Oak Knoll picnic areas. I started off fast and held that pace for almost ONE MINUTE! then I faded.  Made it just a little ways past Toyon.



Below photos credits go to Charlie and his GoPro.  Somehow makes me look like I know what I'm doing!



OK, check out the perfect bunny hop over the Botts' dots!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Glad to see you back at it!
That stretch looks mighty fine, I can't get anywhere near that.
And yes - perfect bunny hop. I think you're ready to go MTB!